So you’ve just bought a tablet. Here are some tips you can use if you don’t want to buy another one so soon!
Good quality tablets from known brands aren’t exactly cheap. If you don’t want to waste your money, you should learn how to take care of it properly. Here are 14 tips to remember if you want your tablet to last a long time:
- Keep it away from environment hazards. We’re talking about water and sand, so you should really be careful when you’re at the beach.
- Keep it safe from excessive heat. We mean temperatures of more than 140 degrees F. You also should not put it in under direct sunlight for too long.
- Keep the covers closed. These are the covers for the doors, slots, and connectors. They should be closed if you’re not using them.
- Don’t place it near food or drink. Spilling your drink on your tablet is really not a good idea.
- Take care of the spill immediately. Let’s say you did manage to spill your drink on your tablet. You should immediately turn it off, unplug it, and remove the battery. Then set it so that the spill can run out. Then pray to the gods when you restart it.
- Use a carrying case. That should keep it safe from the rain, accidental scratches, and dust particles.
- When you set the tablet down, the display side should be down. That helps minimize any potential trouble for the screen.
- Keep the display away from sharp or heavy objects. These things can really damage your screen, so be careful when you put your tablet in a bag with other things inside.
- Keep track of your cables. When you’re using a phone cable or a power cable, just make sure that you put it out of the way. People and pets can trip on those wires, and they may get hurt. Your tablet may get damaged as well.
- Use the pen storage space. It’s there in the tablet for a reason. Always put back the pen in that space when you’re done using it.
- Be gentle with the pen. You shouldn’t use it to tap heavily on your tablet display. This can damage the pen and the display.
- Keep the pen clean. So keep it away from environmental hazards and food.
- Use the pen exclusively. Don’t use another tool for your tablet display. In addition, don’t use the pen for anything else besides to tap or write on the tablet display.
- Clean your tablet screen regularly. To clean your tablet screen, get a soft cotton cloth and dampen it lightly with a mild non-abrasive soap or denatured alcohol. Don’t use abrasive solvents. Use the damp cloth to wipe the screen gently.
Don’t soak the cloth heavily and don’t spray or pour the liquid directly on the tablet. Even if your tablet is supposed to be waterproof, you can’t risk it!
Follow these tips and with luck your tablet will function smoothly for several years to come.